The weekly podcast from Luke Curry and Mark Baker, discussing all things business, tech, creative, health, and general lifestyle advice. Each Wednesday join the brothers in-law, as they interview an eclectic range of guests from blue collar grafters to multi-millionaire investors, each with their own stories to tell, and lessons learned along the way. If you have a side hustle, want to start a passion project, or just want to hear some great career and life advice, this is the podcast for you.
Wednesday Jun 23, 2021
Wednesday Jun 23, 2021
What is up SharkNation!
This week on the podcast Luke and Mark sit down with property Entrepreneur and Podcaster Gavin J Gallagher. Gavin is a property developer that built up a fortune during the Celtic Tiger, only to lose it all after the property crash of 2008.
Gavin not only shares his story about how he got involved in property and how he build a €65 million portfolio in just a few short years, but also the subsequent fall to a negative net worth after 2008.
Gavin tells the guys about what it was like during the the Celtic Tiger era in Ireland and how a winning streak in the property market led him to over-leverage his position while chasing his dream of getting to a €100M in assets.
After years of dealing with the banks after the financial crisis, Gavin became interested in sharing his story and the lessons he's learned along the way with the the next generation of 'would-be' property entrepreneurs.
1. Whatever you do in property - mindset will be a major factor in how you perform in the long term.
2. Investing in property gives you leverage. You can amplify your gains (and your losses) by using debt to fund your property vision. This is what makes it an attractive area to build a business.
3. Creativity is an important element of investing in property successfully. If you can see the potential in a project that others can't, you will be able to the acquire property and increase its value with your creativity, leaving others behind.
4. Hubris is a real risk once you become successful. Becoming addicted to the affluent lifestyle can cloud your vision of risk and lead to overextension.
5. If you are going to invest in property, pay someone to help that knows what they are doing.
If you are interested in learning more about Gavin you can listen to his podcast "Behind the Facade" here: https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Nc4DcZiTGK85SVOdo3245?si=fd5530e6f8d34311
You can also follow him on Youtube here :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5L1ZJriImk
For feedback: Luke@shark.ie
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.